Edgeworth Economics is a boutique economic, financial, and quantitative consulting firm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigations involving antitrust, mergers and acquisitions, class certification, labor, intellectual property, transfer pricing, and complex commercial damages. Our clients include law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Consultant Intern at our firm. In this role you will work closely with peers at all levels of the firm on a variety of different project teams.
• Analyzing a variety of different data (economic, financial, or employment) using spreadsheets, programming, model building, and regression analysis
• Conducting research on industry trends, market structures, and academic literature
• Reviewing and summarizing reports, client documents, and industry trade press
• Assisting in the development and creation of research summaries, expert reports, and presentation materials
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar discipline; preferably a junior or senior
• Minimum 3.5 GPA
• Commitment to work 40 hours per week
• Prior experience using statistical software, especially STATA and R a plus
• Strong writing ability
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with peers and clients
• Ability to work in teams and independently
• Commitment to delivering results and strong bias for action
• Strong prioritization and time management skills
• Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment
All interested candidates must apply online through Edgeworth’s Careers website, www.edgewortheconomics.com/careers. The required application materials include a resume, cover letter including your preference in location, relevant writing sample, and unofficial transcript.