Edgeworth Economics is an economic, financial, and quantitative consulting firm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigations involving antitrust, mergers and acquisitions, class certification, labor, intellectual property, transfer pricing, and complex commercial damages. Our clients include law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for an experienced research Managing Consultant to join our San Francisco office. In this role, you will work closely with external clients and internal peers at all levels of the firm on a variety of different project teams.
• Performing qualitative and quantitative research
• Leading the review, summary, and analysis of industry trends and academic research
• Leading analyses and reporting for various projects
• Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses through rigorous data checking processes
• Presenting results of analyses to colleagues and clients
• Collaborating with team members to design and build quantitative models and apply econometric analysis to economic and financial data
• Serving as a guide and resource for project implementation
• Working closely with the economic testifying expert to draft memos and expert reports
• Participating in client meetings and conference calls
• Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, mathematics or related discipline
• Familiarity and experience with at least one statistical programming language (e.g. SAS, STATA, R, SQL, Python, etc.)
• A strong interest in applying quantitative methods to real-world research problems in various fields and industries
• 2 - 3 years of experience in economic consulting or a related quantitative field is preferred
• Strong writing ability
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with peers and clients
• Ability to work in teams and independently
• Commitment to delivering results and strong bias for action
• Strong prioritization and time management skills
• Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment
All interested candidates must apply online through Edgeworth’s Careers website, www.edgewortheconomics.com/careers. The required application materials include a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and unofficial transcript.