A unique opportunity is available for an entry level information technology professional to be the IT person for our San Francisco office. This non-exempt role requires you to work both independently and in collaboration with the core IT team in the Washington, DC office. As a member of the Service Desk you will support local on-site users and remotely support users in Pasadena, CA; Washington, DC; and Toronto, Ontario offices. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure and experience in all areas of IT operations. We encourage our IT staff to grow, learn, and engage in tasks of interest outside their primary job responsibilities, as time permits.
• Primary IT support for San Francisco Office users in all IT related matters to include hardware and software issues
• Work closely with Service Desk team to monitor and respond to Tier 1 and 2 tickets via email, phone, in person, or remotely as required
• Assist with employee onboarding/offboarding tasks, hardware/software procurement, and asset management
• Support data retention procedures including archiving
Additional Areas of Responsibility depending on Skill Level/Experience
• Support System Engineers/Admins with IT service operations including patch management, security and performance monitoring and backup/restore procedures
• Maintain system documentation and IT procedures
• Assist with design and implementation of IT solutions for business users
• One to two years’ experience in support desk or similar role
• Basic networking and Windows experience
• Knowledge of Office 365, Windows 8, and Windows 10
• Experience in hardware/software troubleshooting including PCs, laptops and printers
• Ability to work independently, as well as on a team
• Prioritization and time management capabilities
• Good customer service and interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree preferred but not required.
All interested candidates must apply online through Edgeworth’s Careers website, www.edgewortheconomics.com/careers. The required application materials include a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript.