Edgeworth Economics is an economic, financial, and quantitative consulting firm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigations involving antitrust, mergers and acquisitions, class certification, labor, intellectual property, transfer pricing, and complex commercial damages. Our clients include law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for an entry-level research Consultant to join our firm. In this role you will work closely with peers at all levels of the firm on a variety of different project teams.
• Building and analyzing economic, financial, and employment data using spreadsheets, programming, model building, and regression analysis
• Preparing economic and statistical models for expert reports and testimony
• Conducting research on industry trends, market structures, and academic literature
• Reviewing and summarizing reports, client documents, and industry trade press
• Assisting in the development and creation of research summaries, expert reports, and presentation materials
• Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses
• Presenting results of analyses to colleagues and clients
• Participating in client meetings
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar discipline
• Minimum of 1-2 years working experience in a similar position or field highly desired.
• Minimum 3.5 GPA
• Proficient in the use of statistical software, such as SAS or STATA, R, SQL, Python a plus
• Strong knowledge of statistics
• Strong writing ability
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with peers and clients
• Ability to work in teams and independently
• Commitment to delivering results and strong bias for action
• Strong prioritization and time management skills
• Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment
All interested candidates must apply online through Edgeworth’s Careers website, www.edgewortheconomics.com/careers. The required application materials include a resume, cover letter, relevant writing sample, and unofficial transcript.